Photo competition for students
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- The competition is open to all regular College/private students in India
- The contests are open for online submissions only
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Each participant can submit up to three (3) images
- The Students can submit images that taken with DSLR Camera and Smartphones (Above 13 Megapixel Mobile Camera) also participates can use any type of lenses
- Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the longer side. Images should be no larger than 10MB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- Pictures must meet the following specifications:.
- ICC profile must be embedded. Adobe RGB, sRGB or grayscale Gamma 2.2 are recommended. No CMYK.
- Must be uploaded in JPEG format with high quality compression. We will use winning images for high quality reproduction.
- You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
- All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- Participants are entirely responsible for all entry-related costs.
- Last date of submission: 15th April 2018 3.00 pm
- MG University will appoint a judge / judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and / or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
- The decision of judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- MG University reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- MG University respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant MG University , worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the India courts.